3.16.2008

my fleas

My favorite advertisement at Old Market, Omaha.


Whenever I mention to my hubby, that I am going to a flea market, he always comes back with why would I want fleas...this is why. Some of the ribbon is new from Archiver's, but everything else was found at antique markets.







I just love these silver (or pewter?) napkin rings that I was lucky enough to find. They are surprisingly heavy for such little things....but I thought they would make dinner time more fun. Don't you agree? Emma loves it when we set 'fancy glasses and plates' for dinner so I am positive that she will love them as much as I do. Now to find pretty napkins to put in the rings. LOL! More vintage shopping for me!
I was really hoping to find more vintage flocked wallpaper, bark cloth and such but no luck. Of course there are many more stores that I didn't get a chance to visit...but I will be back.
Do you love going to antique stores like me? If so, what items catch your eye...what is it that you collect? I would love to know.
Hope you have a great evening and God bless
Alissa

3 comments:

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I think the napkin rings look like pewter. Very pretty! Old Market is great, and I love the Brass Armadillo in Omaha too.

Vicki Chrisman said...

Oh... I think you and I are going to have to meet up in Omaha and "goodie hunt" together one day!
I love everything you got!

Anonymous said...

Lots of yummies there! I also love to set the table. Dishes are my downfall!
I tagged you. If you are interested visit my blog .