3.28.2008

hope is....



This is a frame that I created last week that was to go to a magazine to be considered for publication but, alas, it didn't make it. I had felt too hurried and wasn't quite pleased with the outcome. With Easter, the funeral of a family friend and other life lessons, it didn't get mailed. Which is alright with me. It has found a good home sitting on our side table, next to the rocking chair. I have other works in mind so maybe I will try again. Maybe I won't... I did have fun trying. And as I tell my daughter, that is a important lesson to learn...to have fun trying.
Have a wonderful day and God bless.
Alissa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Alissa!
I am your partner for the journal swap. Nice to meet ya!! I had a similiar experience recently, I tried to write a children's book for a contest and didn't get in in by deadline. I had an allegy melt down the final day and couldn't get it submitted. But the experience was great...and it will help me to try again!! You made a beautiful piece! Talk again soon, Kristin

Kara Ward said...

This is just beautiful...magazines have a certain color palette. I am glad you shared it on your blog for all to enjoy. Much thanks, Kara Ward

Vicki Chrisman said...

Well, it's an absolutely beautiful project!

The Feathered Nest said...

Alissa, thank you so much for your sweet words!! This piece is so pretty to me ~ try again to send something in...sometimes life just happens doesn't it? Wishing you a wonderful day, xxoo, Dawn