3.17.2008

a hodgepodge of posts

I was tagged by Barbara. So here are seven random facts about me.
1. I believe that chocolate is a health food. Dark is the best.
2. I love to travel. My favorite vacation was our honeymoon to The Grand Canyon
and Sedona. My favorite place to go back to however is the Black Hills in
South Dakota.
3. I lost my engagement ring a month before our wedding in a grain cart full of
soybeans. Ron lost his in the 15 inches of snow we had on our wedding day.
However, both were found!
4. I minored in art in collage. My favorite classes were watercolor and
photography. My least favorite was glass blowing.
5. I hate to be late for anything. However, I am the world worst procrastinator
6. I have a weakness of buying home decor magazines and books.
7. I am 33 years old and have been married to Ron for 7.5 years. He is my best
friend and my soul mate.

Ok, if you want to play, I tag:
Sarah - Vintage Lily
Vicki - This Art Makes Me Happy
Karin - Creative Chaos
Hope - Paper Relics
Karla - Karla's Cottage
Laurie - Charming Designs


This is what we woke up to this morning. 5 inches of snow...so they canceled school. I love to see snow. It makes the world around us look so fresh and clean.
We were suppose to get 4 more inches today and freezing rain, but luckily we didn't. The temperatures stayed above freezing so about half the snow turned to slush.



I was able to make another paper cone. This is part of an order that I had from a local retailer. Remind me not to do that much cutting again! Those flowers took too much time....



I can't believe that I forgot to add this to yesterdays post. My favorite find so far. There are over 90 items in this scrapbook. Most of them are calling cards, with a few images. I love all the detail they put in such little items. Plus it is fun looking at all the names. Sounding so rich and regal.





Lastly a sneak peek for my swap. Don't look Hope!! I am so nervous...my first swap. Hopefully it is all right.



Thank you all for visiting, I sure have loved getting to know each one of you. Good night and God Bless.
Alissa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your sneek peek! Looks AMAZING! I cant belive you did the tag already! Took me a week to get to mine!
I want to make it to the Grand Canyon one day! That will be one of our retirement trips.
take are till next time I visit

Sarah said...

Thanks for tagging me! I was just tagged last week so if you want to read my "quirks" they are a few post back. How Lucky! You found that book of all those calling cards! That's a treasure!
Sarah
http://vintagelily.typepad.com/my_weblog/

Anonymous said...

Now on to happy stuff!
I have an award for you on my blog!

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I can't believe you both found your rings!!

Great sneek peek, what pretty colors.

Thanks for the tag!

Anonymous said...

Alissa...I love that picture of the snow! Your sneak peek of the journal is great...I can't wait to see the whole thing.