4.29.2008

a sneak peak and a sign

Apparently, spring is not a good time for me to blog! I can't believe that a whole week has gone by and I didn't post. Oops!
We have been having typical Nebraska weather the last week. Wednesday our county had tornadoes, golf ball size hail, rain and thunderstorms. Luckily, all we had was rain. Thursday highs of almost 80. Emma came home form school and immediately changed into shorts and a tank top. We ran outside that afternoon enjoying the warmer weather. Then, Friday morning we woke up to snow and slush! They say if you don't like Nebraska weather, wait 24 hours! This week is going to be no different. Highs in the 70's tomorrow, but a chance of snow Friday. I just wish mother nature would quit playing games on us.

Anyway, I was part of Heather's spring journal swap from Speckled Egg. This is my sneak peek of the one I sent to Kristin at My Polka-Dotted World. I hope she likes it. I saw sneak peek of the one she sent me and I think she got the short end of the deal...



I finally was able to get the top of the cigar box that tore off finished. This is the first thing like this I have made. Not quite sure what to think...i might have to change it again.



I hope that everyone has a great week, if I don't see you until then. God bless.
Alissa

6 comments:

Vicki Chrisman said...

Beautiful! You reminded me of this Cigarbox lid I have put away for just this kind of project. Almost forgot about it. lol

Birds of a Feather said...

hi alissa ~ thanks for stopping by, and for your sweet comment!
wow, nebraska weather sounds like the northeast. we've been having gorgeous weather up until a couple of days ago ~ not complaining, i'm getting things done! lovely things you have created, she's going to love it.
take care ~ heidi

Charmingdesigns said...

The weather is crazy everywhere. We're here in the Northwest and our weather changes every half hour. Love your lid!! Laurie

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh that sneek peek looks so yummy!!!! Cant wait to see the full craft. :)

Sarah said...

Sweet journal. Hopefully the weather will stay warm so the kids can get outside and play!
Sarah
Vintage Lily

Anonymous said...

it is the 15th of May, Just wondering how you are doing?