4.16.2008

one big post

Talk about a hectic week! I feel like I have done a lot of running around without really doing anything. Here is what I did:
Friday - decorate for a salad buffet for our church
Saturday - Emma and I rearranged our living room, then off to the salad buffet
Sunday - out of town for a flea market...turned out to be kind-of a bummer
Monday - work at my paying job
Tuesday - meeting about insurance, and had our last stamping club meeting until August...complete with a dinner.
Wednesday - spoke at a Christians Women's club about my hobby.
whew!!
Well, I tried to have a 'work' day like I told you I was going to do. However there must have been other plans for me that I didn't know about, because everything I did went wrong. Sewing machine wouldn't work, glue was getting stuck on things that it shouldn't, kept dropping dinner on the floor (don't ask), and so on. You ever have one of those days? The last straw was when I was making this box.



It was going ok, until I started covering the inside and then I shut the lid...RIP...yeap the lid came off. So I sat there not knowing whether to cry or scream. When life hands you lemons...make lemonade. I decide it wasn't worth the stress, so I decide to make a wall plaque out of the lid and a shadow box of sorts from the bottom. However neither are finished at this moment.



Here are my new business cards, that I came up with today. I hope that they are easy to read.



This is the project that we made at our stamping club...wanted to do something simple, quick, and something to inspire us in our craft rooms. One lady said that hers should say 'help'. Cracked me up!



Here are a few finds at our hospital auxiliary sale. The set of 5 plates were my favorite. But of course, the vintage hats are well loved to.





Well, I better head off to check my favorite blogs that I have missed this last week.
Hope everyone has a wonderful evening and God bless.
Alissa

6 comments:

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Your business cards turned out cute! Looks legible to me.

Sorry your flea mkt was a bummer. I sure look forward to those and know how sad it is when they are a let down.

Charmingdesigns said...

Oh, your box is beautiful!! Sweet cards! Laurie

Anonymous said...

Love the sunflowers on your cards.

LOVE the plates!!! and the hats are also adorable!

Hopfully the coming week will be better~!

Jessi Nagy said...

cute business cards!!!
love all your finds too.
oxoxoxoox,
jessi

Sarah said...

Great hat finds and I love those plates. I'm love old plates, platters and saucers. I'm always drawn to them even though I don't need anymore!
Sarah
Vintage Lily

Vicki Chrisman said...

You business cards turned out great.. and love your other projects. (bummer about the lid problem.... I've SOOO been there, and it's frustrating). Great finds also!