2.27.2008

'I am Free'

I have not created anything in a few days...aaagghhhhh. Trying to get taxes finished is just taking up too much of my time. But I am glad to get them done. I wanted to share with you some framed art work that I made for my daughter a couple of months ago. She has watched me for over a year now, making things for craft fairs, special orders and such, and she kept asking me when I was going to make something for her room. Talk about feeling guilty. I had not made her one single thing.
Well I decided that I better and I wanted it to have a lot of meaning behind it. Her favorite song is 'I am Free' by Newsboys. it is so wonderful seeing her so excited about a song for Jesus Christ, and she dances and sings at the top of her lungs every time it comes on. You can hear it by clicking on my playlist down at the bottom of my page.
Anyway, i used that song as inspiration. Each piece has a bit of that song as well as old music for a hymnal that I found in an antique store. The music sheets are songs that she liked as a young child. 'Jesus loves me', 'What a friend we have in Jesus', and 'Jesus loves the little children'.

Stamps used are Stampin Up and the paper is from Basic Grey.
Thanks for looking and God bless.
Alissa

1 comment:

Kim said...

These are Beautiful! ..and one of my most favorite songs too!!