2.25.2008

a penny for your thoughts

Do you keep a journal? I love the idea of keeping one. I have tried to journal every so often in the last 20 years. However I can't seem to keep up with it.....so I want to know what the secret is. While I don't currently keep a journal (who knows, maybe I will try one again), I lOVE to make them. I just use the comp books that you can buy anywhere and add paper, ribbon, ephemera, and I recently started added some soldered glass charms that I started to learn how to do. I always cover the insides with paper, too. My favorite to use is vintage music sheets. Another favorite is vintage flocked wallpaper. I just love the texture.....Here are a couple of my favorites.



This one uses the flocked wallpaper. I found a roll that is about 6 inches in diameter by 20 inches long....for $5.00!! What a steal!



The stamps I use are mainly from Stampin Up. I just love their style. I also used the Angel Company scrabble tiles stamps. The letter are Quickutz, and my current favorite embellishment is glass glitter. The silver glitter is sterling silver so it will tarnish after time...lending another vintage touch that I love.
Thanks for looking and God bless.
Alissa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the red one!!! So Very Pretty! I never have kept a jurnal. My sis does a travel one. And writes about her trips. I have a freind who just has one for those wonderful things her kids will say and she doesn't want to forget. Wish I would of done that.

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog through Rebecca Sower's. I have always had trouble keeping up with a journal. I do really well, then life happens and it gets put aside. I did the same with my blog, but decided this year I would combine the two and see if that would work. :)
Love both those journals, especially the red one!

Sarah said...

Yes! I love to journal...I'm not consistent about it but my last few post have been about journaling!!! I've even got another one in the works. Love your red flocked one!
Sarah
http://vintagelily.typepad.com/my_weblog/

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

That is about the best deal on vintage wallpaper I have ever seen, when the roll is so beautiful!!!! That one is great!!

Let me know if you ever want to swap a few pieces for a mix pack of mine. (I'm a wallpaper addict!)