2.23.2008

new treasures

I went out of town yesterday....I was in the mood to do a little thrift shop browsing. I went to Goodwill, and a couple of thrift shops. I found all of this for under $40. The biggest splurge was the silver bowl and lid that I found at Goodwill for $8. I don't need it nor do I know what to do with it, but I thought it was pretty. The vintage music books was a great find (in my mind anyway). They are large enough to alter some cigar boxes that I have. I found about 10 packages of seam binding for 75 cents for all of it. The candle sconces are an ugly faux gold but I loved the flourish design. I will probably end up painting them either antique cream or a distressed robin egg blue. Which do you think? The little metal accents aren't antique but I thought that I could paint and distress them for my books.


close up of the little metal accents. I love the little wings. The design on them are so delicate.



I was hoping to have time today to make something new. Had it all planned out. Until a lady I go to church with called and said that her granddaughters were staying with her and wanted to know if Emma would want to go to the park with them. Of course we went. It was so nice today that I even enjoyed the time outside.....for 2.5 hours. Needless to say that after that and grocery shopping...i better make the trip to town a productive one...we didn't get home until almost supper. Maybe i will have time tomorrow to create something to show you. Until then have a great evening and God Bless.
Alissa

2 comments:

Tandra said...

Ooooh neat fun stuff you found!!
I have a huge pile of vintage music, to use for altering stuff! I just cant say no to it when I find some!! LOL

Anonymous said...

Yum Yum! Love to see the candle florish in the blue! Looks like you found alot of great treasures!