2.23.2009

i am here

She gets up while still dark;
she provides food for her family
and portions for her servant girls.

proverbs 31:15


hello friends. i am sorry for taking a break from blogging without letting you know. if you remember a couple of posts ago, i was struggling how to organize my life. i thought it was my right to be creating everyday all day long. i looked at it as that was my full time job. boy was i wrong. God showed me how wrong i was. you see, as a stay at home mom, i figured that i would always have time to do laundry, bills, mom things. this is embarrassing but i haven't cooked for my family for eight years. not daily anyway. more like once a month. i remember studying proverbs 31 a couple of years ago, but it didn't settle on my heart until a couple of months ago. the first of the year actually.

with the help of God, and a couple of wonderful blogs, i have started to find my way. my husband was teasing me that he was had more home cooked meals in the last two months than he has in the last 8 years. but he has really enjoyed everything i have made.

God has a lot of work yet to do in my life, but i am thankful for the desire He has given me.

in the next few posts i will share with you some of our favorite recipes and the blogs that have helped me in have the desire that God has meant for me to have.

take care and God bless
alissa

3 comments:

Vicki Chrisman said...

Adjustments always have to be made in our journey through life, dont they. You'll work it all out , and things will fall into place.. and feel like "normal" before you know it.

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Good for you! I consider me being a homemaker as my job and I try to work as hard as my husband works at his job.

Manuela

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Bravo...it is never too late!

Stay Cozy, Carrie

Thanks for your honesty!